Spa Sanitation & Hygiene-Standards
PURE SKIN + WELLNESS SPA - COVID-19 SANITATION, DISINFECTION, SAFETY HEALTH PLAN
Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation is essential to the successful operation of any spa. This document provides guidance on how we are effectively sanitizing and disinfecting our spa to reduce the spread of communicable diseases.
Materials and Safety Precautions
The following appropriate cleaning materials and personal protective equipment (PPE) are being implemented at Pure Skin + Wellness.
- EPA-registered disinfectants
- Disposable gloves and bedding
- Face masks
- Household bleach, Isopropyl Alcohol, Barbacide, Cavicide
- UV Sanitizer
Additional PPE (protective eyewear, facemasks, face shield) may also be being implemented.
Prior to Reopening
Pure Skin + Wellness has been completely disassembled and sanitized to protect the health and safety of our guests and staff. The following are the guidelines that we will continue to follow to safely and effectively clean and disinfect our spa between every client and prior to reopening the following day.
Treatment Rooms and Service Areas
- Wearing disposable gloves to clean and disinfect
- Using an EPA-registered disinfectant (and following the instructions on the label) clean and disinfect high touch surfaces, including tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, retail shelves, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, faucets and sinks, chairs, stools, trolleys, vanities, storage containers, etc.
- Launder items (if possible) according to the manufacturer’s instructions, using the warmest appropriate water setting and drying items completely
Tools and Implements
- Using a UV Sanitizer and EPA-registered disinfectant solution all tools and implements such as tweezers, microblading handles, comedone extractors, gua sha tools, etc will be sanitized and put into single use sterilization pouches.
- Using an EPA-registered disinfectant (and following the instructions on the label) we will clean and disinfect high touch surfaces, including tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, retail shelves, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, faucets and sinks, chairs, stools, trolleys, vanities, storage containers, etc following a strict schedule before and after our guests visit.
- All testers have been removed from the retail area but are available by request.
- If you would like to purchase a product off our shelf please ask our receptionist. Using gloved hands she will get the item for you, ring you out and put it in a bag for you.
Laundry Protocol (Clothing, Towels, Linens and Other Items)
- Wearing disposable gloves when handling laundry
- Adding disinfectant to the laundry load
- Use the warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely
- Clean and disinfect clothes hampers according to the above guidelines for surfaces
- Following the strict guidelines in accordance with WAC 308-20-110 for laundering
Treatments and Services
For the safety of both guests and staff, service providers will adhere to the following guidelines before, during, and after services to reduce exposure to germs and minimize the spread of communicable diseases.
Service Providers & Guest
- All service providers and guests will be checked with a no-touch thermal thermometer before their shift or service. We ask you to stay at home if you are sick or are exhibiting symptoms of illness such as a fever or persistent cough. Or if you have been in contact with someone with a confirmed positive case of Covid-19.
- Service providers will wash hands for 30 seconds with soap and warm water prior to treatment, and verbally notify guests that hands have been washed and or sanitized.
- Guests are to wash/sanitize their hands as soon as they enter the building and prior to entering the treatment room.
- Service providers should refrain from touching their own faces during services.
- Service providers will wear personal protective equipment while performing services, including disposable gloves, aprons, and facemasks.
- Before your treatment, all guests must fill out a COVID-19 release form that will be sent to you digitally.
- Pure Skin + Wellness will call or text you when we have sterilized the treatment room and we are ready for you to come inside.
- All of our staff have taken additional precautions and training. We are all Certified in Advanced Infection Prevention and Control as well as COVID-19 Barbicide certified.
In Case of Sickness plan
If a guest or staff member in the spa is sick or exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19 , we are taking the following steps to reduce the likelihood of transmission.
- Staff and guests will be screened prior to entering the facility. If you have any of these symptoms please stay home: fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle fatigue, or loss of taste. We are following strict regulations and guidelines provided by the CDC, local, state, and national authorities if you have any of these symptoms you may not come in and you should call your Dr.
- If a staff member or guest has a confirmed positive case of COVID we close off all areas used by the sick person.
- If possible, open outside doors and windows to increase air circulation and wait up to 24 hours before the area can be cleaned and disinfected.
- Clean and disinfect all areas used by the sick person, following the guidelines of the CDC.
- Continue routine cleaning and disinfection
The health and well-being of our guests and service providers is our number one priority. We are meeting or exceeding all state, local, and regulatory guidelines relating to sanitation and hygiene.
-Pure Skin + Wellness Spa LLC